Wednesday 18 February 2015

Ash Wednesday

It is Ash Wednesday today, the beginning of Lent. And that's it. When I used to be a good Catholic boy (a very long time ago), it meant something. Not anymore. Well, not quite: it is a sort of countdown to Easter. I say this, and it is at least an honest Catholic commemoration, as I mentioned before. I wanted to find a picture to commemorate Ash Wednesday, but I couldn't find anything. Last year there was the dodo, I guess I cannot beat that. But hey, it is Ash Wednesday. Only forty days until Easter.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i was driving through the university district today and it was so interesting to see jews, muslims and (for the only day of the year), the obvious catholics with ashes on their foreheads. when i was still a (bad) catholic, my brother and i got to use our only car to go and get ashes. we went to a pizza parlor and gave each other ashes from our forbidden cigarettes!