Sunday 22 February 2015

Waiting for Spectre

People will forgive me for using an old poster of a nearly ten years old movie for the topic of this blog post. As my readers know since at least December, I am getting very excited about the coming of Spectre, the 24th Bond movie. Because it will see the return of a certain criminal organization of old, and very likely the return of its leader Ernt Stavro Blofeld, who is also Bond's nemesis. I have made a personal obsession about Blofeld, whom I consider one of the greatest villains of all time. I have been following eagerly the reports of the shooting. I did not have time before to make a post about it, so I thought I would do it now. We have been treated to our first behind the scene footage about two weeks ago. The return of Bond in snowy mountains makes me suspect that the story will be at least partially based on On Her Majesty's Secret Service. A novel which also featured Blofeld. We will see anyway, but as a Bond connoisseur, I have been so far quite good at guessing a thing or two about upcoming movies, if I may praise myself so blatantly. Anyway, I loved this behind the scene video. You can see/feel the sober glamor of classic Bond movies. So these videos and the glimpses of news we have will keep me patient until Spectre is released.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Looks good! Yes, they'll have to go quite a way to top Skyfall.

Incidentally, I answered your "Ask Me Anything" question over at my blog today.

The Gill-Man said...

Quite excited for this! As soon as I heard the title I about shouted out with joy! I strongly suspect we'll see Blofield as well, but with a more modern, sinister twist