Thursday 29 December 2011

Primitive (but gloomy?) happiness

After re-reading my earlier post in English, I was worried that my readership might think that I am feeling miserable, what with having short holidays and lousy working days and all. Well, no, not really. Not yet anyway, as I try to do things or enjoy little nothings that make life. Earlier on tonight, before and after dinner, it was very windy outside, there was rain and a bit of rain. We feel the elements more in this flat, as it is an attic. You can hear the wind blowing, feel it even shaking the windows, it gives you shiver just to listen to it, even more so when the hail hits the window or the roof.

I enjoy the spectacle of a furious, or at least a temperamental, nature, especially when I am home and dry. Like Coppola said in his audio commentary of The Godfather, it's free special effects. As far as I am concerned, it's a free show. In a way though, enjoying such display of temperament might tell something about my state of mind. It's not like watching the sun going down on a Summer evening or watching the snow falling quietly. There was a nastiness to the weather tonight. Still, it was a nice show of sound and... shadow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a dark and stormy night...:-) Who wrote that? I wish I could remember. A job for Google perhaps...

Anonymous said...

A Victorican novelist called Edward Bulwer-Lytton according to Wikpedia...