Thursday 15 December 2011

A sign of Doomsday

There is a sign of the upcoming Doomsday on my way to the train station: a cedar broken branch, just like a few months ago. it has been on the pavement  all week, it is almost as if someone threw the old one there. Well, not really, as it is very green. It smells lovely too. I love cedar trees, we have them at home in Chicoutimi. So smelling this broken branch reminds me of home a bit. But it also reminds me that these days the wind is strong, the clouds heavy, the air cold and that since the weather channels have been broadcasting all Hell breaking loose, Doomsday might actually happen. Today on my way back the train was already late. If it is late on my way to work tomorrow I can read. Then I can have a nice sandwich at lunchtime. If I don't survive the day, at least I will die happy.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Do you watch the TV show Dexter? They are currently going after the Doomsday killer :)

Anonymous said...

I have lost count of the number of 'Doomsdays'. Next year the world ends at the conclusion of the Mayan calander, there was a doomsday just earlier this year predicted by some American man. Quite exhausting getting already for fire, brimstone and all that jazz. If it snows tomorrow and you are stranded at home enjoy your reading and hotchocolate. A rather nice way to spend the day as the world explodes or whatever the crackpots and crazies have predicted. At the very least I hope you get a last Friday sanwhich before we all go 'poof' into thin air :-)

Gwen Buchanan said...

no snow on the ground here at the present... we had a tremendous storm yesterday that the weatherman said we would receive snow but the ground is still clear.. but that is ok ...

I know one of these days we will get the big one that stays on the ground and doesn't leave till spring..
I'd be fine if we never got any snow