Wednesday 21 December 2011

I'm dreaming of...

...well, home really, first and foremost, and I guess this song would be more appropriate to my state of mind now (and I swear it will bring a tear to the eyes of every homesick reader). But I am, I must confess, dreaming of a white Christmas, like in the famous Bing Crosby song. Even though it is alledgedly the most popular Christmas song of all times, it is not my favourite Christmas song (I do, strangely enough, prefer the religious Christmas carols to the profane ones), but I do feel like it now. I miss the snow (which is not everywhere in Québec this year), it saddens me greatly that I will not even see one snow flake for Christmas (because there might even be record heat, boy sometimes this country sucks and at the very worst time). So I relate to the song. I do listen to it, but I sing it very often. Enough to irritate my colleagues at work. It is another strange oddity of me: I listen to religious Christmas carols, but I sing the profane ones. Anyway, here it is.

3 comments:

PJ said...

Pas de I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams. Tu reviens l'année prochaine j'espère. Tu es dû.

Cynthia said...

J'essaie de me consoler en pensant au 40cm de neige chez mes beaux-parents où je dois aller passer le week-end. Je prie pour ne pas qu'elle fonde!

Gwen Buchanan said...

I'm dreaming... of sending you every snowflake that falls here.. Merry Christmas