Wednesday 14 December 2011

My voice on the radio

I received some good news today, in fact great news, the kind of great news that happen when one stops expecting them. I used to take acting lessons, not so long ago (and I hope I will in the future). At the end of my second course I took, we got our plays recorded for the local radio, for an aired performance at an undetermined time. I worked really hard to get the character right, this cynical, bitter old man with a raspy voice (my secret was peanut butter). So well, after months and months of delays, of dead silence from the school and the radio station, of some vague emails with nothing to tell, of pretty much bitterness and despair to see (well, hear) the performances, at last I got the news today: it WILL be aired. On January the 1st 2012, between 8 and 10 GMT. New Year. For the first time in a long, long while, I will have an audience, however modest. And for the very first time I think my family will be able to listen to me performing. About time. It will be a good omen for things to come.

4 comments:

tao.owl said...

That is so wonderful, what a great way to bring in the new year! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! I am sure it tastes and sounds sweeter for the wait. Things normally do.

Cynthia said...

You should really record it!

Gwen Buchanan said...

I would love to hear this too.. It must be quite special to present it on Jan. 1.