Thursday 27 August 2020

No more gloom and doom

It's been a little bit over a month that I started my new job and more than two months since I officially lost the old one. Due to the current pandemic, the last time I was in an office and had to commute was back in March. So it might be time for a bit of reminiscence and pondering about my old and my new professional situation. For a bit of context, I did not like my previous job one bit. Something both my wife and my mum noticed almost before me, is that I don't drag my feet going to work. Partially of course because for the time being I don't have to commute. I don't have to walk for long. But it is also because I completely lost, at least for now, this feeling of dread that I had. In a month in my current position, I am still learning the trade, but feel like I am naturally better at it than my previous job, I appreciate my colleagues better and I am more appreciated by them than my previous colleagues, I feel far more valued as well. It has been day and night. I know there will be hard days, but it is as if a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. So I am carefully optimistic about the future.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's great!

Sue Bursztynski said...

Glad to hear you found a new job in this environment! Did you do your interview by video conference?