Friday 14 August 2020

Zamborghini

Yesterday, Wolfie built a with his Duplos a sort of vehicle, which he called an "ice cleaner". My father got really impressed and explained to him that it was what we call a Zamboni, used to smoothen up the ice in an arena. It was an occasion for me to get my son interested about hockey, or ice hockey as they specify here to distinguish it from the other sort of hockey which is not hockey at all. So that was that and he had his tractors play a sort of hockey, but I digress. My wife could not for the life of her get the name properly, so she started calling it a "Zamborghini". Which made me laugh a lot. It sounds like a mix between a Zamboni and a Lamborghini. As strange as it sounds, I would absolutely love to see the hybrid vehicle.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's a great portmanteau word! I agree about the unnecessarily specific term "ice hockey" -- as if there's any other kind that matters, LOL!

Ygraine said...

Ha, you have me longing to see this hybrid vehicle too!
I can just picture it's graceful lines in my mind's eye...😉

Have a super weekend...and stay safe.😊😊