Thursday 20 August 2020

The Horrors of H.P. Lovecraft

Last year I got it wrong by one day and I wanted to make sure I got it right this year: today is the birthday of H.P. Lovecraft. For horror fans,Lovecraft is THE father of modern horror. And, although I read him more during summertime, he is also an essential part of my countdown to Halloween reading program. As we are slowly getting closer and closer to the season, now would be the right time to read and reread his work. I would also love to play a game of Call of Cthulhu, the role-playing game based on Lovecraft's work. I must confess that I probably spent more time playing the game than reading his work, and it was often to find inspiration for the game that I read him. Be that as it may, now is a good time to read, play and... watch Lovecraft, as there is also a brand new TV series adapted from his work, which I intend to discover as well.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

my son is such a huge fan of h.p. lovecraft!

Lady M said...

I know this is sacrosanct but I read some Lovecraft and was underwhelmed.