Monday 17 August 2020

The Storms

I blogged a few days ago about the thunder and lightning that were seen and heard, but were not followed by a proper storm. As I said then, I was getting seriously desperate for a good storm. Well, I gor my wish shortly after: later on that morning, I saw a first storm. Nothing too big, but a proper one, with a decent amount of rain, which cooled the day down considerably. Then during the night, we had another storm, and a gigantic one this time: lightnings big enough to light up the bedroom, a proper rumbling of thunder that shook us up a bit, heavy rains, it was simply magnificent. And since then, the temperature has been quite comfortable, not unbearably hot as it had been. Hopefully it will remain like this for a while They are still forecasting storms for the next couple of days, so I might be able to enjoy some more, although I doubt they will be as spectacular as the last one we had.

No comments: