Friday 28 August 2020

Mushrooms: the new signs of autumn

Well, autumn is on its way, getting closer and closer every day. There are signs all around: the cooler evenings, the sun going down earlier and earlier, that kind of smell in the air and now, mushrooms. My father sent me these pictures, so it is from the other side of the Atlantic (either in my parent's garden or the forest), but I know for a fact that they have appeared here too:one of my Facebook friends shared pics of mushrooms too. But they were not as cool as these ones.

So autumn is almost here. And I am not the only one saying it: my friend made the same comment about the mushrooms she saw. Even my wife is feeling it and is actually happy about it. She caught me by surprise two evenings ago when she said that it felt autumnal and that it was lovely. She changed her mind about the season, as she used to be sad when summer and the holidays ended. I am not sure what changed her mind, maybe the fact that Wolfie was born in autumn, maybe  just finally got her enthusiastic about it. In any case, these pictures got me very excited.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

oh i just love mushrooms...to eat them and to look at them! i'm glad your wife has finally come to the other side! i bought my first pumpkins yesterday and when i came home and handed them over the gate to my husband he was very excited and said...wow...pumpkins! that's the first time in 38 years!

Lady M said...

I think climate change has changed my mind about summer. Used to be that winters were long and exhausting but now I feel that way about summers. I tire of the the heat, the storms, the fires here in Colorado and cannot wait for that first crisp 60 degree autumn by