Tuesday 4 August 2020

THE hare

Those reading this blog in French know it already, but I wanted to blog about the news in English as well, because I think (and I hope) this will be a new recurring chronicle on Vraie Fiction. So anyway, for the last few weeks, my parents have received the visits of a wild hare. He first showed up briefly in their front lawn, after hopping on their next door neighbour's, then later on my dad saw the hare eating an apple that had fallen from one of the garden's trees. Apparently, he also dug a few holes in the garden. To my surprise, my father did not seem to mind. So they have a visitor, if not a squatter and a fairly rare one at that. I don't remember seeing a wild hare so close to humans in our neighbourhood. I thought they'd be too shy for it. Just like for the chipmunks, squirrels and even spiders we saw during our childhood, I think my brothers and I should give this hare a name (we were pretty good to find names. You can give me suggestions in the comments.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i hope they don't have a vegetable garden!