Tuesday 21 July 2020

A new first day at the office

Today is the start of my new job, I am officially working again. And I am working at home, for the next few months, if not for the remainder of the year. This is a temporary job, however it is possible that the contract might be extended. In any case, I am glad (and kind of proud, if I may say so) that I found a job so quickly, in a time when finding a new job is extremely difficult. And in July, when it is generally quite difficult even in a normal year. Anyway, I will need to turn my home office into a proper working environment (back in March I did not expect that I was still going to work from home until July and beyond), otherwise I think I'm pretty much ready. And I am carefully optimistic about this new position.

5 comments:

Lady M said...

Congratulations - it all sounds good.

Nellie said...

Yay for an employment opportunity!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats! I hope all goes well! Enjoy your new job!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

congratulations and good luck!

Caffeinated Joe said...

Good luck!