Saturday 4 July 2020

The UK's Independence Day

Today is the fourth of July, so it is Independence Day in the USA. Today is also the date when pubs and other businesses will reopen here in the UK, so it will be or feel like this country's own Independence Day. An ironic turn of events, given the history of both countries. That said, we are not free from the threat of COVID-19 and not free yet from the pandemic. So in this household, we will remain careful and avoid pubs and restaurants. I say this with regret, as I have been missing pubs for months now. But we will not be fooled by a false sense of security.

2 comments:

Ygraine said...

I totally agree...it is too early to reopen pubs and restaurants. I am missing going out for a meal also, but will give it a miss for some time to come, as I feel it isn't yet safe.
Better prepare ourselves for the resultant new spike, I guess...🙁

Hope you are having a good weekend!😊😊

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good for you, that's very wise.