Monday 6 July 2020

I Got It

You may remember that I did an interview recently for a job I applied to. Well, I have some good news: I learned Friday that I got the job. It was not the easiest interview I've had as the interviewers were a bit hard to read, but it was not too difficult either and my gut feeling that I had when I started the process turned out to be right. I knew I could do it, I knew sell myself for it. Anyway, it worked. I don't know when I will start exactly, but this should be fairly soon. I will be working from home for the first few months, maybe until the end of the year or so. Almost until the end of the contract, as it is a temporary work of a few months. That said, while they cannot make promises for now, given the current situation, there is a fair chance that they can extend it and it may be for longer, maybe even permanent. But even if it was not, at least I'll have an income in an uncertain time and I can find a permanent position somewhere else in the meantime. And the money is good, in fact pro rata it is better than my previous job. So all good news and a sweet personal revenge, as my last employers has been difficult.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

congratulations!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good for you, Guillaume! Congrats!