Wednesday 29 July 2020

The Bergamo Connection

Thanks to social media, I had the chance to chat recently to my Italian friend who lives in Bergamo, one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen and which, as you know, has been hardly hit by the pandemic. More about it here. Anyway, she is fine and things are getting better there. It was nice chatting briefly to her, and in the meantime it struck me that we haven't seen each other for almost twenty years now, which is a long time for friends. We both have children and it would be nice one day when this is all over to meet again. I hope it will be possible one day. I feel priviledged to have contacts from all around the world, thanks to my years at uni here, and I always felt particularly proud of my Italian connections, or, in this instance, the Bergamo Connection.

No comments: