Friday 3 July 2020

Missing the Friday sandwich treat

I don't miss much if anything from my last job, which I recently lost due to the pandemic. You know the drill, I often mentioned it here: not appreciated enough, not enough good colleagues, not enough of anything good. But there was one pleasant moment in my week: my usual Friday lunch treat, which I bought at a corner sandwich shop. I was lucky enough to have one quite similar to the one in my previous working place. Both shops served chicken baguettes and had olives as condiment. I varied a bit with the chicken, but the trimming was always the same: tomatoes, lettuce, onions and olives. And crisps on the side of course. I don't know when I will have a new job (touch wood it might be sooner than expected), where I will be back in an office even less, but whenever this happens, I hope there is a sandwich shop that sells baguettes like this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog all the time, you are the same age as my only child..she lives in New York City NY..the covid has been devastating there and thru out the USA..many work from home and many cannot get out of their places to do anything..the one thing that seems to make her very very happy is a sammie from a place she adores that delivers and it is like what you commented in your blog..she likes lots of veggies with her sammie and olives are a must..she always gets some type of protein in her sammie, chicken or turkey and lots of veggies..she appreciates the fact she is still working and able to buy those sammies but they are delivered to the bldg mgr fellow and they call her and it is put in a secure place and she is so happy..Don't worry there will always be a job for someone like you..always, keep smiliing and hug your lovely wife and loving son - time with family is more important in my opinion..This covid pandemic has taught many to really love and keep close those they love..I get such a kick out of your blog, you are amazing, keep up your spirits, if you drink coffee, enjoy a cuppa, I thought I read you don't like tea so I can't suggest tea?! But enjoy your sweet family, things will be going well for such a wonderful young fellow and his sweet family, cheers from this side of the pond in the usa in washington state...adios and peace and good tidings to you and yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guillaume said...

Thank you so mcuh for your kind words and sorry to get back to you so ridiculously late after you sent me this lovely comment. Oh and I love tea, it's coffee I don't like. I hope yo read more comments from you. May I ask where you found this blog?