Sunday 19 July 2020

Easy to be an hairdresser?

As you might remember, I bought myself a clipper about a month after the lockdown started, so I could get a haircut while the barber shops and hair salons were closed. Now that they have reopened, but we are playing it safe and are not going. And it turned out that my wife and I are getting better at cutting my hair, which is not so complicated as I like to keep it short anyway. So yesterday, I got my third haircut since lockdown. My wife said at the end of the task: "I don't see the point of you ever going back to the barber shop, it's really easy to be an hairdresser." I corrected her: "You mean it is really easy to be my hairdresser." And I think this deserves to be a great unknown line. In all seriousness, I'm sure any professional hairdresser would gasp in horror looking at my homemade haircut, so I might actually go back to a barber shop eventually. Just not any time soon as I have been saving a lot of money.

1 comment:

Nellie said...

That’s what many of us have been doing! I have taken the scissors to my own hair three times, just not in the back. Our salons have opened, along with an upswing of virus cases, and we have placed ourselves in isolation since March 12. I have read your blog along the way; so happy to hear how that young son is growing! Take care! Be safe!