Saturday 25 July 2020

New Secondhand Bookshop

I went downtown yesterday late afternoon for a quick top op, and I saw that we had a new local bookshop. A new Secondhand Bookshop to be precise. Not much of one to be honest: it was only a small display of a few shelves in front of a brand new local grocery store. With one blackboard explaining the whole concept, mostly using hashtags (which I always kind of surreal on a blackboard): second hand books, every one of them at £2.00, it's not for profit, it's a local business, and so on. And instead of a till, there is an "honesty jar" where you pay for the book you bought. I quite like the whole concept, I must say, even though the choice of books was not that great. But hey, I still managed to find one interesting enough to buy (more on that another day, maybe). And I know I might stumble upon treasures there. So there you have it, another bookshop is open in town.

4 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

we have mini bookstores all over the city. they are free. you take one and leave one. i think they are great.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I don't think they'll get rich anytime soon.

Cynthia said...

C'est cute comme concept, dans mon quartier il y a plusieurs boîtes à livres où on peut déposer, échanger ou prendre des livres gratuitement. C'est pas mal pour un quartier quand même défavorisé.

Lady M said...

That is a neat concept.