Wednesday 16 October 2019

Spooky Spiced Pumpkin

For today's countdown to Halloween post, we will talk about seasonal food. Or, to be precise, Covent Garden's soup of the month. Every month, they have a special soup made with seasonal stuff, and every October it is of course Halloween related, made with pumpkin and something else. Even the container looks really spooky, with a Jack O'Lantern on it! As you can see for yourself on this picture. Every October, I buy at least one carton of their soup of the month and I try to blog about it for the countdown. Because sometimes you eat pumpkins, when you don't carve them.

So anyway, they have a different recipe every year, which sometimes is used again. This year it is the Spooky Spiced Pumpkin. Which I think I might have eaten before, under this name or another. It has a bit of spice in it, but not too much, just enough to give it a good kick. My wife, who does not like soup or pumpkin (but sometimes enjoys Covent Garden products), actually enjoyed this one very much. She has a cold at the moment and she said it made her feel much better. Not sure if it's the spice or the pumpkin. Or the garlic bread, which we often have to go with soup. Be that as it may, if you love Halloween, I think you need to have Spooky Spiced Pumpkin soup on the menu at least once this month, if you live in an area that sells it (which is I guess the British Isles, not sure if they are anywhere else).

1 comment:

Lady M said...

I like to make my own pumpkin soup from a real pumpkin. Your right about the packaging. Very cute.