Tuesday 15 October 2019

What October Brings

For today's countdown to Halloween post, another reading suggestion, because for me Halloween is celebrated through scary literature. So I recently purchased What October Brings, subtitled: "A Lovecraftian celebration of Halloween". Which is of course a book of Halloween stories inspired directly or indirectly by the work of H.P. Lovecraft. This is the anthology book I'm reading at the moment. So far, so great. I do not find Lovecraft the perfect horror writer for Halloween, maybe because I find him a tad too modern. That said, I don't think my literary Halloween is quite conpleted without reading at least one of his stories, or one story influenced by him. So I always read something Lovecraftian around this time of year. And, on a side note, what cover it has! Maybe the best cover I have owned for a Halloween book. Just perfect.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That IS an awesome cover!