Thursday 10 October 2019

"PumpkinO'Lantern"

For today's countdown to Halloween post, a quick anecdote about vocabulary and diction. So I was spending some time recently with my boy Wolfie, who is three, tryying to get him interested about Halloween. My son is not yet the biggest Halloween fan, but he does get very curious about it. He really enjoyed putting the decorations up last weekend. He also developed a fascination for pumpkins. So when he was pointing to the many Jack O'Lanterns on display, he was saying "pumpkins, pumpkins" and I tried to make him distinguish between the pumpkins and the carved lantern, so I pointed to one repeating "Jack O'Lantern". He said, very thoughtful: "PumpkinO'Lantern". Kind of merging the two words together without a break. I thought it was very cute.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Pumpkin" is just a fun word to say! I can't blame Wolfie for hanging on to it!

Lady M said...

awe - that is cute!

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Cute! Love his name!!