Tuesday 8 October 2019

Besom brooms

So this is tonight's countdown to Halloween post. This weekend, we went to a tractor show (because Wolfie loves tractors). There were a few stands, selling various things (such as food) but also... good old-fashioned besom brooms. The advertising signpost was saying: "BESOM BROOMS: ideal gifts for tidy gardener, witches & mothers-in-law." I thought this was hilarious and it deserves to be mentioned here as a new great unknown line. I was tempted to buy one, however, I am not by any stretch of the imagination a tidy gardener and I don't know a witch, especially not my mother-in-law, who is a charming English lady who loves children. So she can't be a witch, beside she is too rational. That said, I was on the lookout for witches, who might be interested about a good deal. Can't see I found one.

2 comments:

Lady M said...

Wow cool - I will take one.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love besom brooms too! I'm always on the lookout for some wherever I go. Saw some great ones in use in Italy and Japan.