Saturday 26 October 2019

The Halloween Fondue

For tonight's countdown to Halloween post, I blog again about food. But don't worry, I have more spooky stuff to blog about another time. So tonight, we had fondue for dinner, the twist is that the fondue was in a cooked pumpkin. I got the recipe from Halloween Fun and Food, one of the very few Halloween books I have which is not a book about horror stories.We made it once before and quite enjoyed it. Although it was quite long. The recipe is simple: emmenthal, gruyère (we had Jalsberg instead), cider or white wine (we had cider instead, it's more fitting), spring onions, a bit of nutmeg, a bit of salt and papper and a paprika for colouring at the end. I don't think the result was that great this time: one bit was too solid and there was too much liquid as well. I think I poured a tad too much cider in it. But my wife really enjoyed it. And if nothing else it looks good and it is a proper Halloween meal, hearty and, well, orange.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Did the pumpkin taste transfer to the cheese? It's a cool looking idea.

Lady M said...

What a great idea - yum!