Friday 25 October 2013

When darkness falls

Quick countdown to Halloween post tonight, I am a zombie, or close to become one, so tired. But anyway, something I have been noticing more and more when I walk off the train back from work: it is already dark in the evening, shortly after 6. Not pitch black, but very close to it. The hour of the wold, as my mum used to say when we were children. I think she used to do it to scare us a bit and convince us to go to bed. In Quebec, we call this time "entre chien et loup", which means the time when one cannot make the difference between a dog and a wolf. It would be the ideal time for a wolf, or a werewolf to attack. In any case, I love this time in autumn, late October, when it gets dark and eerie. Not much to say, except that getting off the train was a nice little Halloween moment.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

my favorite time of year and favorite time of day. i love the dark!

Mantan Calaveras said...

I think they call what you did in this post "mise en scene" in the movie biz.

Is that a whiff of werewolf breath I smell, or just a strand of strange twilight fog?

*shiver*