Monday 28 October 2013

"For life is short but death is long"

Quick before bed countdown to Halloween post. Picture takenr ecently from the window of a costumes shop here. It is the mask of a grey werewolf that I find quite terrifying. This post is about a werewolf, well, sort of, but I would have rather have found a more obvious Memento mori. That said, this year Samhain has been early on werewolf oriented, so I will use this picture. Remember when I uploaded this song from Frankenstein meets the Wolf Man? Well, the original video does not exist anymore, I will need to buy the film if I want to listen to it when I am in the mood. But I found on YouTube this nice cover from Zip Caplan (no idea who he is) and his Casts of Thousands. I thought it was a good little rock version of the song. For me, this is an essential part of Halloween music. Read my original post to know why I find it so important.

1 comment:

Mantan Calaveras said...

Ha ha. This was always my favorite. I dunno, for whatever reason I always really sympathized with Talbot in this scene.