Tuesday 1 October 2013

Countdown to Halloween

We are now the first of October, so it is officially the countdown to Halloween. My favourite holiday of the year, which I celebrate a lot on the blog. In fact, I love it so much that the officious countdown starts for me in late August, when I start reading horror stories. Sometimes, often, I get in the mood as early as mid-August, like this year. I decided to kick-start the season with this picture of last year's Jack O'Lantern (I know it should not take capital letters, but I always use capital letters anyway). I don't think I ever uploaded this particular picture last year. So what to expect on Vraie Fiction for this month of October? I will soon be away on holiday for two weeks, but will blog as often as I can and the topic of my posts will be of course Samhain. I made a call to my readership for a scary story recently, I intend not to shy away from this request myself and will try to write something. I don't know what shape it will take yet, nevertheless there will be horror fiction on Vraie Fiction. I have at least one more Jack O'Lantern story in store, after I wrote my take of the genesis of the character here and here.) I don't want to spoil too much of what I have in mind, but in his wandering Jack will meet an old enemy. I also intent to write a few nostalgic posts. So happy season my goulish friends! I look forward to read you.