Thursday 10 October 2013

A new Danse Macabre

Good news: I am alive today, whatever I was dreading yesterday. Alive and much better. So I can blog again. For today's countdown to Halloween post, I have decided to upload, as it is a yearly tradition, a take on Saint-Saëns' Danse Macabre. A danse macabre is also fitting when I had the feeling I was a death's door yesterday. It was difficult to find something as good as the animation I found last year. I looked and looked, then found something on YouTube, a sort of animated puppet show by the Grim Musketeers (!), where lots of Halloween decorations are used, including a Jack O'Lantern. This is not nearly as beautiful or as professionally crafted as last year's Danse Macabre, but still, it is a charming little piece of work, and there is an enjoyable if a bit stereotypical story to complete the music. The piece is sadly truncated, nevertheless it is good enough for Vraie Fiction.

No comments: