Sunday 21 May 2023

The torch as a weapon

I am a big fanof having torches in the house. So much so that I asked for torches as a present not once but twice, once for my birthday and a second time for Christmas, when my birthday torch went the way of the dodo. I will buy more, just in case. But musing and pondering about torches, I thought of another use for them, inspired by a comment on this post (thank you Alison): they can also be used as a defensive weapon, if they have the right size and weight. When you walk at night, that could be an asset. I should have thought about it, given that I learned Krav Maga. You can also blind a potential attacker with the light. Anyway, my torches are too small to be proper blunt weapons, so I might buy bigger ones in the future. We are never too careful.