Tuesday 23 May 2023

Ouzo

I was thinking about something recently: in spite of a certain history with the Greek community from my time at uni, I never took into ouzo. Even though there was always a bottle available at parties and gatherings, or simply at dinner time. I drank some, I even drank on that fateful night when I met my wife, but I never developed a taste for it. It is true that I don't drink spirits all that much, now even less than when I was younger. And when I do drink spirit, it is generally whisky, sometimes to accompany a beer. I just think whisky tastes something, even the cheapest brands. Ouzo and other similar drinks, I don't know, I never thought it tasted all that much except, well, alcohol. For those who drink ouzo among you, what makes it stand out as a spirit? How would you recommend drinking it?

No comments: