Sunday 21 May 2023

The first days of summer

 Yesterday, for the very first time this year, I wore a t-shirt and had to put suncream on. It was mostly a sunny day and it was warm. My wife noticed, rightly, that it was by any practical means our first summer day. Today was similar. I know people here are happy about it, about the sunny and warm weather and about summertime showing up after a very late start. I am not one of those people. I dread hot weather (although now it is bearable, being in the lower 20s Celsius) and I have discovered another seasonal plight: hay fever. I had it in the past, but this is worse than ever this year. I fear it might be a long summer. I will try to remain patient.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's warm here in Edmonton but we're blanketed with smoke from northern forest fires in Alberta.

Alison said...

I've been bouncing back and forth between Summer and Winter clothes for a few weeks now. It was cold this morning, cold enough that you needed something warm for the early a.m. dog walk. I'm assuming its because we had clear skies last night and we aren't quite into the period when the nights are warm too. To Deb, my brother is in Fort McMurray and he says the air quality is really poor right now.