Monday 8 May 2023

Cancelled May Fayre

 On Saturday, we were supposed to go the local May Fayre, which is always held in one of the local parks at the first weekend of May. We have a few local fayres like this in the year, my favourite is the September one, but I love them all. I sid we were supposed to, because the day before, the fayre got cancelled. The reason invoked: the forecasted rain. I was dumbfounded. It is a sad day in England when an event gets cancelled because of a rainy day. But apparently, at the last public event done in the park, the park's lawn got severely damaged because of the rain andhigh attendance, so the organiser got cautious. Or got cold feet. Or wet feet. Be that as it may, it was not merely postponed, it was cancelled and I am disappointed.

3 comments:

Lady M said...

Wow - what a change from last summer.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's too bad!

Alison said...

That's a shame. Perhaps they will have it again next year? There are a lot fewer events here post COVID. I think mostly due to lack of funding and/or interest.