Friday 12 May 2023

Trespass and a memory

 I like to keep old clothes and I rarely depart myself from them, even after years of wearing the. Even when they get wornout and utterly out of fashion, I keep them until they are unwearable and even a charity shop would not want them. So yesterday, it struck me that I was wearing a Trespass jumper/fleece thingie. The kind of inelegant but practical outdoorsy piece of clothes that is both comfy and sturdy. As any clothe should be. I bought the Trespass jumper in the Lake District, during the summer of 2010. It had been a hot summer and I had only packed light clothes. When temperatures dropped unexpectedly, I had to quickly buy a fleece in one of the many outdoor clothes shops that the Lake District has. I had plenty of choice. I learned preparing this post that Trespass is a Scottish company, not one from Cumbria. And I thought at the time I was buying a local product. Oh well. Be that as it may, it made me want to revisit the Lake District and revisit Scotland too.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I get my money's worth out of my clothes too.

Alison said...

Scotland is wonderful for hiking and camping. I’d happily live there too if I could convince the husband to uproot. The Lake District is gorgeous too but unfortunately is suffering from over tourism.