Saturday 27 May 2023

Marlow Donkey

I sometimes blog about the little town of Marlow, which we visit from time to time, because it's not very far. There is one pub in particular I like there, called the Marlow Donkey. It is the first pub we went to in our very first visit and I fell in love with it right away. Not that it is that special, but it has a few things going for it. It is a station pub for once, in fact it is named after the old name of the train line leading to Marlow (or the train itself, I'm not sure). And that is enough in itself: a local pub named after a train line and with a steam train on its ensign, that is simply so very cool. A lot of train station pubs can be run down and rather dodgy, but this one is actually very nice and family friendly. So yes, it is our go-to pub when we visit Marlow.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I be the donkey train was a real beast of burden!