Tuesday 16 May 2023

The £60,000 diamond ring

 Sometimes, I check crime news just for kicks and one piece of news caught my attention recently. Two thieves got caught after stealing a ring worth £60,000 in a jewelery in Eastbourne, East Sussex. A single ring, worth so much. This is what shocks and fascinates me when I read such news. Not so much the crime as the motivation, the luxury object worth so much, yet often so small. Jewellery and diamonds (as well as other precious gems) fascinate me because they make for great MacGuffins. Every time I read a story of a burglary where diamonds are involved, I think there is a crime fiction story to be written. I know, sometimes I have a twisted mind.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Jewellery is easier to fence as well. Bizarre how a ring is worth as much as generous house downpayment isn't it.