Friday 19 May 2023

"The Vampire of Croglin Grange"

Sometimes I wish I could have seen something. A few days ago, a nearby associations of skeptics held a conference about the Vampire of Croglin Grange. An alleged real-life horror story that happened in Cumberland. I have heard of real life accounts of vampirism set in this country, so I may or may not have heard of that legend (can we say an urban legend?) before I have seen the announcement of the conference. I am gutted that I could not attend. I am of course skeptical of the whole story, but I love these bits of local legends about evil creatures, they make for great source material for scary stories. And if you cannot write one, you can imagine one reading the accounts and get a few pleasant chills. I hope to be able to blog about it in the next countdown to Halloween.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Thats a great idea for the spooky season. The U.K. is full of folklore about supernatural creatures. I must think to ask my husband if he has heard of that one as he was pretty into all of it at one time.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

People love to be scared by spooky legends!