Monday 22 May 2023

The Orange Rifle

 You might have noticed in the pictures I shared of the artillerie drawer an orange rifle. Wolfie won it at one of the fayres we have been to, if I am not mistaken. It also has soft ammos made of foam, that do get lost pretty quickly. But the rifle shoots pretty well for a plastic toy. It is one of his favourite offensive toys and is often used in the police/spy make believe game we have been playing for months. He either uses it, or I do. It is very practical for sniper work, when there is an enemy lurking outside. I think Wolfie mainly loves it because of its bright colours, it really stands out. When we went to the local toy shop, his attention got caught by a similar toy gun, a machine gun also bright orange. His mother is not too keen on the artillery we have in the drawer. In my case, I have indulged Wolfie partially because I like to give him all the violent yet cool toys my own mother did not want to buy me when I was his age. She did give up from time to time, but always very reluctantly.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope Wolfie doesn't terrorize your cat with those nerf guns!

Alison said...

Better Nerf than the real deal.