Wednesday 5 April 2023

A Safe House

 The things you learn thanks to a young boy's imagination. Last weekend, Wolfie and I were playing one of his favourite new make belief games: we were two cops/spies (it is never clear) trying to keep away from "a city full of badguys". Don't ask me how it works, but we have to go through secret passages, hidden pathways, a boat and two or three other means of transport to get somewhere safe, sometimes shooting a villain or two. It was quite fun, but at the end of the afternoon, we had to go to a safe place, so I asked Wolfie what would be our safe house. He of course asked me what is a safe house, so I had to explain the best I can. I then did a bit of research about safe houses, at his request, and found this article on howstuffworks.com which I found fascinating. So now I know the requirements for a good safe house and I should use it in my writings. I think there is at least one story to be written about it. But anyway, for Wolfie's game, he has decided that his mansion (our home) is the safe house. And we are looking for a name for it, but that is for another post.