Monday 3 April 2023

Strange Holy Monday

Today is Holy Monday. It is a strange one for me and I'm not sure if I should be happy about it or not. On the plus side, Wolfie is on holiday, so I will be spending a lot of time with him this week. When I was his age, it was a school day although not an usual one: the teachers were going full Catholic on us for the whole Holy Week. The problem for this Holy Monday is that I am officially unemployed as of today and as I am typing this I have no job to fall back on. I have one interview lined up and I need to keep on job hunting, so it will not be a proper holiday for me. Usually, I am just eager for the week to be over so I can enjoy Easter. Now my feelings are ambivalent.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i hope you find something you like soon!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's hard to relax and enjoy time off when you're unemployed. I remember. I hope you find something soon!

Alison said...

Here's to hoping Holy Monday is a blessing for you with the job hunt. I know how stressful that is!