Thursday 20 April 2023

Treacherous April

I make this comment every year, pretty much,on this blog: April is a treacherous month. This year, it started like March, cold and damp, then it got warmer, only just sometimes, temperatures do drop in the evening, then it is warm again, but never summery. Just like a warm(ish) Spring. I don't like too warm anyway and I would be happy to wear heavy clothes until May, but now I just don't know what to put on. And yes, I make this comment every year too. But something did change: when I was younger, I wanted April to be warm and sunny. Now I hope cold temperatures last as long as possible and I want Spring to feel autumnal.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i am right there with you! we have temps in the upper 80's so the w's and i are all miserable.

Alison said...

Brits want Spring in February and Summer in April. I've lived here long enough now, I have adopted the same attitude. I heard a saying that's apt; “n'er cast a clout till May is out”

Debra She Who Seeks said...

We've had a mixture of warm sunny days, rainy overcast days and snow here. Not surprising in Alberta!