Tuesday 18 April 2023

Blackout

 Something happened yesterday while we were on lunch break: there was a blackout in our neighbourhood. It can create a serious problem when you work from home, like my wife and I do. And it was my wife's first day at work, which she found embarrassing. We received a text from our electricity provider saying that they were expecting to have things fixed by 5:00PM (or 17:00 as they say, which sounds way later). Far too late. I was texting my manager asking himif he wanted me to go downtown in a café when we got power back. I must say, I almost regretted it. I thought going out of the house for the rest of the afternoon might have been fun. In any case, I had a longer break and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, awkward especially on the first day of a new job but what can be done?