Sunday 23 April 2023

Saint George's Day

Happy Saint George's Day everyone! Especially to all my English readers. I never know how to celebrate. Not many places do in england, ironically enough. It is a shame, as a patron saint reknown for fighting a dragon should be inspiring for a national day. I can only dream of the things I'd do with it if I had the time, the know-how and the money. I might watch a few YouTube movies about Saint George or something. Maybe read the legend to Wolfie. But in any case, happy Saint George's Day again and beware fire breathing lizards.

1 comment:

Alison said...

I think St George’s Day now has a negative connotation. It’s seen as Patriotism and that’s racist or some such nonsense. I think the legend of St Goerge is interesting and an important part of British history.