Friday 7 April 2023

Fish and Chips for Good Friday

First I want to wish a happy Good Friday to my readers. Even though it is meant to be an austere day. It is not austere to me, in any case. As it is Good Friday, I am going to have fish and chips today. You know, because fasting and all that. I don't know where I will buy the fish and chips. I had the ones on that picture in a pub of Sandown on the Isle of Wight. Not sure if I can find a cod as good as the one we can find on an island, but there's plenty of decent chippy shops round here. And I haven't eaten fish and chips in months, so it is long overdue.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoy!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

now that looks like a proper fish and chips!

Alison said...

We went to our favourite chip shop yesterday. If there's one thing England does well, its fish and chips!