Tuesday 11 April 2023

Tea bags: in or out?

I recently stumbled on an article that dates back to December 2022. It is about tea bags: should they be kept in the cup or taken out? First world problem, I know. For the Philistine yet enthusiastic tea drinker that I am, the question has some interest. Personally, I don't keep the tea bag in. And I never ever squeeze it (which is wise: according to the article it makes the brew far too bitter). The article also gives some recommendations regarding brewing time and temperatures, according to what kind of tea you drink. Anyway, I cannot end this post ignoring my brother PJ two cents on the tea bag debate in general and this article in particular. He thinks one should stay away from tea bags altogether. I think he's right.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The longer the teabag stays in the cup, the more bitter the tea becomes. TAKE IT OUT once your tea has reached its desired strength/flavour.

Alison said...

Also the debate on which goes in first, milk or sugar (if you take both). On leaving the bag in, with some teas it enhances the flavour IMO. Earl Grey is a good example of that.