Wednesday 26 April 2023

Jammie Dodgers Cake

Some of readers may know Jammie Dodgers, a biscuit that is a British staple. The Brits love Jammie Dodgers, it's almost a cake made into a biscuit, what with its jam and cream sandwiched between two biscuits. They are unsuprisingly quite addictive. We seldom buy them, I don't want to be more of a sugar junkie that I already am. That said, we found out in one of our local cafés, among their selection of desserts a Jammie Dodger cake. Wolfie chose it as his dessert and I thought I would try it to. We had to try it. It is as good or as bad as you would expect it to be. I think it is even better as a cake.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, I've learned something new today. Never heard of this delicacy before!

Alison said...

We have the equivalent of the Jammy Dodger in Canada, Peak Freans Fruit Creme. Makes you wonder which came first. By the way, my husband, who is a major computer geek, said there was a hacker during the Amiga days called "Jammy Dodger".