Friday 14 April 2023

Foxes of London

Here is a little bit of wildlife and city news, all rolled together. So I recently read this article about London's foxes. Appa ently, they are getting bolder and bolder and far less shy towards humans. I'm not a Londoner, I'm not sure I could ever be one, but I always loved foxes and I think I would enjoy living in close proximity with them. Of course, we have foxes here in our little English town. While they can be bold and be seen sneaking in gardens, sometimes even on the high streets, they generally keep away from humans. But I would love to befriend a fox, like some people in London have been doing. And you, would you socialize with a fox?

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm sure foxes are as big a pest there as coyotes are here.

Alison said...

We very occasionally see the urban foxes here too. Unfortunately they are seen as more of a pest, especially if people keep fowl, something you are allowed to do in urban areas here in England. To the fox, your chickens are an easy meal. My SIL lost a rabbit to a fox. It managed to get into the rabbit's outdoor cage and that was the end of it.