Wednesday 12 April 2023

Weaponry in the drawer

You may remember that Wolfie and I have an ongoing make believe game where we play secret police. The missions and the nature of our work as cops/spies are somewhat obscure, but we have great fun and I hope it will inspire my own writing. I also have now the chance to experience an old cliché in crime fiction: the fun in the drawer. TV Tropes has an entry on Hidden Supplies and I guess this is what Wolfie and I have now. Basically, we used an empty drawer from my desk and put an array of toy guns and other equipment: ammo, badges, handcuffs, the lot. It is now where we tidy his police and army related toys, so the supplies have increased since I took that picture. I love it, it makes my mundane life more exciting: I just open the drawer and take a look at its content, so I can imagine all sorts of cool stories and characters. For Wolfie, it gives him easy access to prop when he feels bored and doesn't know what to do. It never ceases to make him creative.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Sounds fun! I feel like I missed a lot of my children's growing up years and there are things I would definitely do differently if I could go back.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Always be prepared!