Tuesday 30 May 2023

Woodland Breakfast

 We went to a wedding this weekend and spent the night at the venue. Of course, it included a breakfast. Among the breakfasts available on the menu, there was a "farmhouse breakfast", which was basically a normal English breakfast, but wiht some variations (the spinach). It was appealing but for one thing: the bacon. I don't like British bacon. So instead I made my wife happy and ordered a "woodland breakfast". Basically the same thing, but vegetarian, with veggie sausages and halloumi instead of bacon. It was yummy and filling, except for the mushroom, which looked properly disgusting and which I did not even try. My wife told me I did well, it did not taste any good. But I must confess, I ordered it because of its name too. A "woodland breakfast", whatever that is, sounds way cooler than a normal breakfast.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I would not have eaten that horrible looking mushroom either.