Wednesday 3 May 2023

Play Cash

We went to the local toy shop recently, Wolfie and I, while mummy was busy buying new shoes. I had decided to keep the purchases to the minimum. Which I did, for the record. I only bought two or three items and they were cheap. Among them, this play cash. £1,131.50 to be precise. Worth £4.99. Why play cash, you might ask? No, I don't wan to teach my son to gamble. Neither do I want to use it to teach him mathematics or economy (although it might come in handy for that very purpose). I just thought and Wolfie agreed with me, that play cash would make a great addition the ongoing "police game" (as he calls it) we have been playing. Money, even a small amount, makes for a great MacGuffin, after all. Back when I was his age, my brothers and I did the same with cash from our board games. So yes, we now have play cash in the arsenal drawer. Ready to use when necessary.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The arsenal drawer is getting just stuffed full of goodies!

Alison said...

The rate the economy is sinking, your play money may soon be worth more than the legal tender!

Sue Bursztynski said...

Should be fine as long as Wolfie doesn’t take his play money to the shops! 😂