Tuesday 9 May 2023

Cows on the run in Marlow

 Here is a bit of somewhat local news that might bring a smile to your face: yesterday, there was a herd of cows on the run in the little town of Marlow. We know the town pretty well and in the past we have walked where the cows went through. They were from Lacey's Family Farm (I don't think I ever bought anything from them). From what I gathered, the cows were recaptured. Seeing them roaming around might have felt scary, but I must say the story did give me a few chuckles when I read about it on social media. It reminded me of a similar story in Québec, although back home the escaped cows were on the run for much longer.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

One of the very first old English torts I learned about in law school was how to sue for "cattle trespass." Useful centuries ago, useful now.

Alison said...

There's a famous story about a couple of rogue pigs who escaped the butcher's block years ago and were on the run. Eventually recaptured and spent their remaining days on a farm somewhere. If you recall, during lockdown there were wild goats or was it sheep running around towns in Wales?